Gunmen shoot UN peacekeepers in Darfur
Tuesday 22 June 2010
armed men killed three Rwandan peacekeepers in Sudan's Darfur region yesterday in the latest assault on members of the UN/African Union (Unamid) force operating in the area.
A Unamid official said the peacekeepers were attacked as they guarded engineers building a new base in the mountainous eastern Jabel Mara area of West Darfur state – the site of rebel clashes earlier this year. About 20 camouflaged attackers opened fire on the Unamid force without warning, the official said.
Since 2008, 27 Unamid police officers and soldiers have been killed in attacks.
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...