'Illegal' fees hit Zimbabwean civic groups
Monday 05 March 2012
Officials loyal to President Robert Mugabe have reportedly begun a new onslaught against humanitarian agencies by demanding illegal levies and putting them under surveillance.
Civic groups said authorities across the country had imposed charges of up to $1,000 (£630) to let them to operate. The practice is "theft and extortion", they said, adding that many non-governmental groups also reported "direct surveillance" by intelligence agents and the military.
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
'Jihadi John': Mohammed Emwazi – from British computer programmer to Isis executioner
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
£50000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits: Ashdown Group: Dynamics Expert...
£38000 - £48000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Senior ...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fully qualified electricians re...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...