Nigeria's military kills 'scores' with air strike on 'terrorist camp'
Thursday 03 October 2013
Nigeria’s military says it has killed “scores” of alleged Islamic militants in air raids on a “terrorist camp”, as it pursues a state of emergency against an Islamic uprising in the north-east.
Spokesman Capt Eli Lazarus said the aerial bombardments are a response to an attack in which suspected Islamic extremists killed at least 43 students on Sunday, at an agricultural college in Yobe state.
Capt Lazarus said 15 people arrested in the raids were being interrogated, and had provided information that could help track down others.
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...