Olympian Oscar Pistorius 'tries for cash settlement' with family of dead girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
Tuesday 20 August 2013
The families of Oscar Pistorius and the girlfriend he is accused of murdering are reportedly negotiating over compensation for her death.
Dup de Bruyn, a lawyer for the family of Reeva Steenkamp, said representatives are in contact, but refused to give further details.
South Africa’s Times newspaper reported that lawyers for Pistorius were “desperately trying” to negotiate a settlement before the athlete’s criminal trial in March. It said the Steenkamps are seeking around £190,000.
Prosecutors indicted the double-amputee Olympian on a charge of premeditated murder on Monday.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Deadly ice storm pushes up US east coast as temperatures drop to -29C
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Winfo...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior C...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...
£29999 - £40001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A top independent...