Reality TV, Abidjan: Gbagbo takes the stand
Tuesday 06 December 2011
The Dosso family from Abidjan, who say six family members – a grandmother and five brothers – were killed by pro-Gbagbo militiamen earlier this year, watch as former Ivorian president Laurent Gbagbo makes his first appearance before the International Criminal Court in The Hague over his role in the deadly aftermath of presidential elections last year. Mr Gbagbo faces charges of crimes against humanity including murder and rape. He denies the accusations and says he was tricked into leaving Ivory Coast. ISSOUF SANOGO/AFP/Getty
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the UK's leadin...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This caravan dealership are currently recruiti...