South Africa: Man fined for soaking Zuma
Thursday 01 December 2011
A man found guilty of assault after spilling a glass of whiskey and water over President Jacob Zuma has been fined 8,000 rand (£635).
Daryl Peense, a betting agent, spilled his drink over a balcony and on to the President at a race course in Durban last year.
Peense claimed he was drunk at the time and only a small quantity of whiskey was spilled. He said he had no intention of injuring Mr Zuma.
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, GAME, PC World and Argos
Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler after death of Phil Hughes
Plebgate: Andrew Mitchell’s reputation in tatters as judge rules he used the word ‘pleb’
Dr Lam Hoe Yeoh: Voyeur doctor jailed for eight years after using network of hidden cameras to film patients, colleagues and friends on the toilet
'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our Client has been the leader ...
£45000 - £80000 per annum + car + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A market leader in...
£25000 - £45000 per annum + car: h2 Recruit Ltd: A fantastic and unique Field ...
£45000 - £80000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A global market leader i...