300 protesters throw rocks and eggs at LA police
Los Angeles police say 22 people have been arrested during a second night of protests over an officer's fatal shooting of a Guatemalan immigrant wielding a knife.
Officer Karen Rayner said the 22 were arrested last night, mainly for failure to disperse.
About 300 protesters set fires and pelted the Rampart police station in the Westlake neighbourhood with eggs, rocks and bottles.
Rayner says a citywide tactical alert was called to free up more officers to respond to the area.
At one point, Rayner says officers fired at least two volleys of nonlethal foam projectiles at demonstrators.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£33000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - Birmingham ...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Support Analyst (Back Office, CRM, Sharepo...