300 protesters throw rocks and eggs at LA police
Los Angeles police say 22 people have been arrested during a second night of protests over an officer's fatal shooting of a Guatemalan immigrant wielding a knife.
Officer Karen Rayner said the 22 were arrested last night, mainly for failure to disperse.
About 300 protesters set fires and pelted the Rampart police station in the Westlake neighbourhood with eggs, rocks and bottles.
Rayner says a citywide tactical alert was called to free up more officers to respond to the area.
At one point, Rayner says officers fired at least two volleys of nonlethal foam projectiles at demonstrators.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...