A star is shorn: from demigod to demi-wave
Sunday 10 February 2008
Sad as it is to see an object of great historic beauty wrecked by the ravages of time, it is also reassuring that it happens without prejudice.
In Hollywood, at last, it is not only women who suffer from the signs of ageing. Men, and even supermen, can suffer too. Brad Pitt, who caused women's hearts to leap with untold desire when he appeared as the love interest in the 1991 film Thelma and Louise, has changed – apparently to match each girlfriend, judging by the pictures on the right – since those glorious, bare-chested days. And, whether it is from keeping up with his children or just keeping up with Angelina Jolie, sweet Brad has weathered. Gone is the chiselled jaw and the dancing blue eyes. Here instead is a demi-wave and a puzzling goatee beard. They used to say he looked like a young Robert Redford. Recently he just looks like... Robert Redford.
* When Brad and actress, now also singer, Juliette Lewis got together back in 1989 they were Hollywood's hot young couple. Now, she's hot, he's not
* In the late 1990s, Brad and Gwyneth Paltrow sported his 'n' hers haircuts and were engaged. Maybe he could do with some of her macro diet now
* Did Brad go into his hairdresser and ask for a Rachel cut when he married cuddly 'Friends' star Jennifer Aniston back in the summer of 2000?
* Now with the actress and UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie, the pair share four children, the same humanitarian goals and the same stylist
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
Ex-Scientologist Carmen Llwyelyn blasts 'cult' and her treatment after divorce with Jason Lee
Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An On-line Sales & Customer Ser...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the largest hospitality companies...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As a result of significant cont...
£16575 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent opportunity is ava...