A star is shorn: from demigod to demi-wave
Sunday 10 February 2008
Sad as it is to see an object of great historic beauty wrecked by the ravages of time, it is also reassuring that it happens without prejudice.
In Hollywood, at last, it is not only women who suffer from the signs of ageing. Men, and even supermen, can suffer too. Brad Pitt, who caused women's hearts to leap with untold desire when he appeared as the love interest in the 1991 film Thelma and Louise, has changed – apparently to match each girlfriend, judging by the pictures on the right – since those glorious, bare-chested days. And, whether it is from keeping up with his children or just keeping up with Angelina Jolie, sweet Brad has weathered. Gone is the chiselled jaw and the dancing blue eyes. Here instead is a demi-wave and a puzzling goatee beard. They used to say he looked like a young Robert Redford. Recently he just looks like... Robert Redford.
* When Brad and actress, now also singer, Juliette Lewis got together back in 1989 they were Hollywood's hot young couple. Now, she's hot, he's not
* In the late 1990s, Brad and Gwyneth Paltrow sported his 'n' hers haircuts and were engaged. Maybe he could do with some of her macro diet now
* Did Brad go into his hairdresser and ask for a Rachel cut when he married cuddly 'Friends' star Jennifer Aniston back in the summer of 2000?
* Now with the actress and UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie, the pair share four children, the same humanitarian goals and the same stylist
Mountain goats make miraculous escape from avalanche in the French Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Trenton Oldfield deportation: Boat Race protester allowed to stay in UK over fears his Indian wife would face racism in Australia
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Manager - Tailor ...
£33000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - Birmingham ...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...