A star is shorn: from demigod to demi-wave
Sad as it is to see an object of great historic beauty wrecked by the ravages of time, it is also reassuring that it happens without prejudice.
In Hollywood, at last, it is not only women who suffer from the signs of ageing. Men, and even supermen, can suffer too. Brad Pitt, who caused women's hearts to leap with untold desire when he appeared as the love interest in the 1991 film Thelma and Louise, has changed – apparently to match each girlfriend, judging by the pictures on the right – since those glorious, bare-chested days. And, whether it is from keeping up with his children or just keeping up with Angelina Jolie, sweet Brad has weathered. Gone is the chiselled jaw and the dancing blue eyes. Here instead is a demi-wave and a puzzling goatee beard. They used to say he looked like a young Robert Redford. Recently he just looks like... Robert Redford.
* When Brad and actress, now also singer, Juliette Lewis got together back in 1989 they were Hollywood's hot young couple. Now, she's hot, he's not
* In the late 1990s, Brad and Gwyneth Paltrow sported his 'n' hers haircuts and were engaged. Maybe he could do with some of her macro diet now
* Did Brad go into his hairdresser and ask for a Rachel cut when he married cuddly 'Friends' star Jennifer Aniston back in the summer of 2000?
* Now with the actress and UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie, the pair share four children, the same humanitarian goals and the same stylist
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...