A star is shorn: from demigod to demi-wave
Sunday 10 February 2008
Sad as it is to see an object of great historic beauty wrecked by the ravages of time, it is also reassuring that it happens without prejudice.
In Hollywood, at last, it is not only women who suffer from the signs of ageing. Men, and even supermen, can suffer too. Brad Pitt, who caused women's hearts to leap with untold desire when he appeared as the love interest in the 1991 film Thelma and Louise, has changed – apparently to match each girlfriend, judging by the pictures on the right – since those glorious, bare-chested days. And, whether it is from keeping up with his children or just keeping up with Angelina Jolie, sweet Brad has weathered. Gone is the chiselled jaw and the dancing blue eyes. Here instead is a demi-wave and a puzzling goatee beard. They used to say he looked like a young Robert Redford. Recently he just looks like... Robert Redford.
* When Brad and actress, now also singer, Juliette Lewis got together back in 1989 they were Hollywood's hot young couple. Now, she's hot, he's not
* In the late 1990s, Brad and Gwyneth Paltrow sported his 'n' hers haircuts and were engaged. Maybe he could do with some of her macro diet now
* Did Brad go into his hairdresser and ask for a Rachel cut when he married cuddly 'Friends' star Jennifer Aniston back in the summer of 2000?
* Now with the actress and UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie, the pair share four children, the same humanitarian goals and the same stylist
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
Nazi gold train: 'Significant' discovery made in Poland
Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
TTIP controversy: The European Commission and Big Tobacco accused of cover-up after heavily redacted documents released
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT and Telecoms company ar...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...