A star is shorn: from demigod to demi-wave
Sunday 10 February 2008
Sad as it is to see an object of great historic beauty wrecked by the ravages of time, it is also reassuring that it happens without prejudice.
In Hollywood, at last, it is not only women who suffer from the signs of ageing. Men, and even supermen, can suffer too. Brad Pitt, who caused women's hearts to leap with untold desire when he appeared as the love interest in the 1991 film Thelma and Louise, has changed – apparently to match each girlfriend, judging by the pictures on the right – since those glorious, bare-chested days. And, whether it is from keeping up with his children or just keeping up with Angelina Jolie, sweet Brad has weathered. Gone is the chiselled jaw and the dancing blue eyes. Here instead is a demi-wave and a puzzling goatee beard. They used to say he looked like a young Robert Redford. Recently he just looks like... Robert Redford.
* When Brad and actress, now also singer, Juliette Lewis got together back in 1989 they were Hollywood's hot young couple. Now, she's hot, he's not
* In the late 1990s, Brad and Gwyneth Paltrow sported his 'n' hers haircuts and were engaged. Maybe he could do with some of her macro diet now
* Did Brad go into his hairdresser and ask for a Rachel cut when he married cuddly 'Friends' star Jennifer Aniston back in the summer of 2000?
* Now with the actress and UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie, the pair share four children, the same humanitarian goals and the same stylist
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...