Alligator seized at alcohol store
A pet alligator has been seized from an off-licence on New York's Long Island.
The Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said the 3ft-long, illegally kept alligator was seized at Alpine Wines and Liquors in Wading River. Authorities said two store employees were issued tickets for possession of an illegal animal.
The store's owner told Newsday newspaper an employee had asked her to take care of it while he was looking for a flat.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£18000 - £24000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you ar...
£60000 - £70000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Pension: Orgtel: Quantitative Analyst, ...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Urgent Requirement: Senior Inf...