Avalanche kills three near Washington resort
Monday 20 February 2012
Three people are dead and as many as eight missing after an avalanche near a Washington state ski resort.
Local police said they received word about the avalanche, near the Stevens Pass ski area, in the Cascade Mountains north-east of Seattle just after noon, local time. The deaths happened in an out-of-bounds area near the resort.
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
At least 91 feared dead including 20 children as massive tornado rips through Oklahoma
- 1 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Top A&E doctors warn: 'We cannot guarantee safe care for patients anymore'
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Quality Inspector - West Midlands - 3 Mon...
£21000 - £36000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Looking...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Luton: KS1 Teacher required to cover PPA in a...
MPS + OLA: Randstad Education London: Randstad Education are working with a Cl...