Ice and glass fall into NYC building atrium
Fire officials say ice has broken through a glass atrium at the Sony Building in New York City and 10 people have sustained minor injuries.
A spokesman for the New York City Fire Department says ice and glass fell into the lobby area of the Madison Avenue building on Saturday night.
The fire official said no one was seriously hurt, and that the injured were taken to area hospitals. A spokeswoman at Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan says four of the injured were taken there with minor injuries.
No other information about the incident was immediately available.
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.