Man dressed as mother in scam
Saturday 05 May 2012
A New Yorker who dressed as his dead mother as part of a property scam – using lipstick, manicured nails and even an oxygen tank at a meeting – has been convicted of fraud and faces up to 83 years in jail.
Along with the property fraud, Thomas Parkin, 51, and his partner, cashed his mother's social security cheques every month for six years, stealing about $44,000 (£27,000).
Parkin doctored documents to make it appear his mother was alive, and set up a meeting with the Brooklyn District Attorney's office to pursue the scam– arriving dressed as her.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Housing double whammy: A whole generation ‘won’t be able to buy or rent a home’
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 per annum, Benefits: & 10% commission: Inspiring Interns: Our client is...
£42000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - Central Lon...
£35000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: In-house Commerci...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: One of the world's leading providers of trading ...