New York subway ad will wage war on Islamic jihad
Friday 21 September 2012
As Muslim countries are rocked by protests about a film mocking the Prophet Mohamed, an advert equating Islamic jihad with savagery is due to appear next week in 10 New York City subway stations despite efforts to block it.
The city's Metropolitan Transportation Authority had refused the ads, citing a policy against demeaning language. The American Freedom Defence Initiative, which is behind the campaign, then sued and won a favourable ruling from a judge in Manhattan.
According to court documents, the advert reads: "In any war between the civilised man and the savage, support the civilised man. Support Israel/Defeat Jihad."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...