Nine-year-old girl survives two days in car wreckage
Authorities say a nine-year-old US girl pinned in a wrecked car for almost two days ate Pop-Tarts and drank energy drinks to survive the single-car crash that killed her father.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol says Jordan Landon was airlifted to a hospital on Sunday night after rescue teams cut her out of the car that had been upside down in a culvert since Friday night.
Sergeant David Clifton calls the girl "heroic" and that she was able to stay calm despite the dark and cold. He says the girl was talkative and is expected to fully recover.
Clifton said a person walking by saw the car and called 911 late Sunday afternoon.
The patrol says 39-year-old Douglas Landon was killed. Her mother identified him as Jordan's father.
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...