Obama ads poke fun at Romney
Monday 16 July 2012
President Barack Obama kept up his attack on the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney as the rhetoric hardened on both sides.
The Obama campaign released two new advertisements attacking Mr Romney's record as head of a private equity firm. In one of the ads, the main sound is of Mr Romney singing "America the Beautiful". The ad scrolls through lush images of Bermuda and the Cayman Islands to draw attention to Mr Romney's offshore bank accounts, while referencing the outsourcing of US jobs.
Mr Romney's campaign team criticised the ads. "Every day, President Obama hits a new low," said a spokeswoman.
Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
World news in pictures
You thought the attendants had it bad? Wait ’til you hear about Ryanair’s pilots
Revealed: Eerie new images show forgotten French apartment that was abandoned at the outbreak of World War II and left untouched for 70 years
Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 1 Heading for the States? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Amir Khan interview: 'One second could end my boxing career'
- 3 Boxing: Purdy set to join long list of British fighters who take the money – and then the beating
- 4 Dan Stevens after Downton Abbey: The erstwhile Matthew Crawley is back in period costume
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + bens: Progressive Recruitment: C# WEB DEVELOPER Le...
£240 - £260 per day: Progressive Recruitment: WPF Developer (C#, VB.Net) North...
£85 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: KS2 teacher needed to do PPA ...