Obama ads poke fun at Romney
Monday 16 July 2012
President Barack Obama kept up his attack on the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney as the rhetoric hardened on both sides.
The Obama campaign released two new advertisements attacking Mr Romney's record as head of a private equity firm. In one of the ads, the main sound is of Mr Romney singing "America the Beautiful". The ad scrolls through lush images of Bermuda and the Cayman Islands to draw attention to Mr Romney's offshore bank accounts, while referencing the outsourcing of US jobs.
Mr Romney's campaign team criticised the ads. "Every day, President Obama hits a new low," said a spokeswoman.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...