A man accused of killing seven people at a Christian college in California told a television station he was deeply sorry about the shooting rampage, the deadliest US campus attack since the massacre at Virginia Tech in 2007.
In a jail interview with San Francisco's KPIX-TV, South Korean-born One Goh at one point started to cry. He also acknowledged that his lawyer told him not to discuss the case.
"I only remember parts of that day, and it is too hard to talk about," Goh told reporter Juliette Goodrich.
He did not appear to make any effort to dispute allegations by authorities that he was the gunman on April 2 at Oikos University.
Goh, 43, a former student at the school, has been charged with seven counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder. He has not yet entered a plea.
Police have said Goh was targeting an administrator who had been involved in his financial dispute with the school. When he learned she was not there, he is said to have begun shooting in classrooms.