Rapper convicted of 1993 killing
Thursday 19 April 2012
A rapper has been convicted of a 1993 killing after admitting to police in 2010 that he had shot a man while trying to rob him.
The 37-year-old rapper, G Dep, who was born Trevell Coleman, hugged his lawyer after hearing the verdict, which leaves him facing 15 years in prison.
The unusual trial came about only because of his confession, years after his brief brush with fame in the 1990s. He then argued that his admission might have been mismatched to the killing with which he was charged. Regardless, G Dep remained convinced he did the right thing by coming forward, his lawyer said.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Trenton Oldfield deportation: Boat Race protester allowed to stay in UK over fears his Indian wife would face racism in Australia
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Support Analyst (Back Office, CRM, Sharepo...
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Bonus, Package : Harrington Starr: Busin...