Romney outspends rivals
Wednesday 22 February 2012
The Republican presidential candidates raised and spent money at a frenetic pace last month, according to new financial disclosures.
Reports filed with the Federal Election Commission this week suggest Mitt Romney's campaign spent $19m (£12m) in January, nearly three times as much as it raised, while Restore Our Future, the so-called "super PAC" or political action committee backing his campaign, raised $6.6m and spent $13.5m. Donors to Mr Romney's PAC included the Marriott chairman JW Marriott and the Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman.
The campaigns of Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum raised $5.6m and $4.5m, respectively. But in Mr Gingrich's case, his PAC, called Winning Our Future, raised $10m in donations.
In contrast, the Super PAC that backs President Barack Obama, Priorities USA Action, reported raising only $59,000, with $50,000 coming from one donor.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...