Ron Paul tops presidential poll
Monday 14 February 2011
The libertarian Republican Congressman Ron Paul won a presidential straw poll of conservatives at the weekend in a result that showed Republicans still a have long way to go to pick a challenger to President Barack Obama in 2012.
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, who in the past has drawn scepticism from conservatives, had a strong showing with 23 per cent, coming in second behind Mr Paul's 30 per cent. Other potential Republican candidates were a long way behind with single digits.
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
UK weather: One dead and 100,000 homes without power as 100mph storm batters Scotland – now biggest tidal surge in 60 years threatens east coast
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
£30000 - £42000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Working in conjunction with ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Schools in developing countries struggle with...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...