San Francisco crash: 10 killed as bus carrying students collides with truck
Ten people were killed and 34 injured when a truck veered across a highway to slam head-on into a bus packed with more than 40 high school students near Orland, 150 miles north of San Francisco.
The vehicles burst into flames after the collision and students fought their way through a window to escape the wreckage. However, five students, the two drivers and three other adults died.
An investigation has been launched to determine the cause.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education is the UK mark...
£50 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN Teaching Assistant We are curr...
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...