Stylist 'shot woman who complained about hair'
Saturday 08 March 2008
It was more than a bad hair day for a woman who made the foolish mistake of criticising her stylist for the cut she was giving her only to be rewarded with a bullet in her lower back.
Police said that Lauren Newton, 28, of the small rural town of Washington in south-western Pennsylvania, was having her hair done in the home of Monique Reed when the dispute broke out. Her claims that the style was not quite what she was expecting did not go down well.
An infuriated Ms Reed, "went to the bedroom, got a gun, fired a shot in the ceiling", police said. Ms Newton instantly ran out of the house accompanied by her terrified sister.
The stylist, however, was not finished. As Ms Newton fled the house, she was shot in the lower back. Although her injury was not considered life-threatening, she was taken to a hospital in nearby Pittsburgh for surgery.
Ms Reed, who is 38, has been charged with aggravated assault and endangerment.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...