Third woman files sex claim against Cain
Friday 04 November 2011
A third woman has come forward to lodge sexual harassment allegations against the Republican presidential hopeful, Herman Cain.
Mr Cain, a former pizza chain executive, had climbed to the top of opinion polls in the contest to select a challenger to President Barack Obama in 2012. But the allegations from when Mr Cain was head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s could threaten his standing.
The woman, who came forward on Wednesday, said Mr Cain made sexually suggestive remarks or gestures around the same time two co-workers settled separate harassment complaints against him. His staff said the allegations were a "smear campaign" and accused rival Rick Perry's team of being behind the original stories – claims that were strenuously denied.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...