Two arrested over bullied Canadian girl's death
Thursday 08 August 2013
Police in Halifax, Nova Scotia, have made two arrests in the cyberbullying case of a 17-year-old who died after a photo of her allegedly being sexually assaulted was shared online. The death of Rehtaeh Parsons, who was taken off life support after a suicide attempt in April, led to an outcry.
The arrests are the first in the case after a year-long investigation.
Rehtaeh's mother said a boy took a photo of the alleged assault in 2011 and that her daughter was bullied after it went viral. Prime Minister Stephen Harper applauded the arrests and said Rehtaeh's death had touched people across Canada.
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 3 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
- 4 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
Germanwings plane crash: Investigators may have already found remains of suspected killer co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
Children take eight Isis captives to be beheaded in latest propaganda video
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Compute Engineer role also ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen withi...
£13676.46 - £15864.28 per annum + Uncapped Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Re...
£13000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Every day they get another 1000...