A teenager and a man were today charged with murdering newly-weds Catherine and Ben Mullany on Antigua.
The pair were shot in their cottage at the Cocos Hotel and Resort on 27 July on the last day of their honeymoon.
Detective Superintendent Keith Niven told ITV News: "Evidence was put before the Director of Public Prosecutions last night and the decision was taken to charge two men, a 17-year-old and a 20-year-old."
The couple from Pontardawe in the Swansea Valley married on 12 July before setting off on the trip.
Earlier today, police in Antigua said they were questioning three people in connection with the murders.
A total of eight people were arrested during the investigation.
Some of the arrests led to drugs-related charges unconnected to the murder of the couple.
Two women, aged 32 and 22, appeared before magistrates in the Caribbean island's capital, St John's, on Thursday last week. The charges they face are understood to relate to property stolen from the Mullanys' holiday cottage.
In a statement last night, police said: "A number of individuals were detained and questioned this week as a result of a proactive police operation.
"Consequently, some have been charged with drug-related offences unconnected to the Mullanys' murder.
"At this stage, we are not in a position to disclose any further information regarding these individuals.
"So far as the two females arrested and charged last week, they are still remanded in custody at Her Majesty's Prison.
"Again we are not in a position to disclose any details regarding their arrests and charges except to say they are linked to the other three persons presently in police custody."
The statement said the Director of Public Prosecutions would be consulted when inquiries were complete.
Local police are continuing to work with a team from Scotland Yard who have flown out to assist with the investigation.
Mrs Mullany, 31, a doctor, died instantly in the attack. Her husband, a trainee physiotherapist, also 31, died in hospital in Swansea after he was flown home in a coma.
They were buried in a private ceremony on Wednesday last week, just one month after making their wedding vows. It is believed the ceremony took place at St John the Evangelist Church, in Cilybebyll, where they married.
Their families are planning another memorial service so relatives, friends and colleagues can pay their respects.
They requested no flowers and said details of a memorial fund would be announced in due course.
Swansea coroner Philip Rogers released the bodies for burial when he opened and adjourned an inquest into the couple's deaths last Tuesday.Reuse content