Two winners share $587.5m - America's biggest Powerball jackpot ever
Mystery still surrounds the identity of the winners
Thursday 29 November 2012
Two winners will share America's biggest Powerball jackpot ever - 587.5 million US dollars (£366.4 million).
It is the second-largest top prize in US lottery history but mystery still surrounds the identity of the winners waking up to new lives as multimillionaires.
Lottery officials said early today that tickets sold in Arizona and Missouri matched all six numbers to win the record jackpot.
The numbers drawn last night are: 5, 16, 22, 23, 29. The Powerball is 6.
It was not clear whether the winning tickets belonged to individuals or groups.
Arizona lottery officials said early today they had no information on that state's winner or winners but would announce where it was sold during a news conference later in the day.
Lottery officials in Missouri were not immediately available for comment.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Big 4 accountan...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Harrington S...
£38000 - £45000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - To...
£45500 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Have you been thinking about taking t...