Victory for Kevin Costner in £17m oil spill case
Saturday 16 June 2012
A court has rejected claims that Kevin Costner and his business partner duped his fellow actor, Stephen Baldwin, and a friend out of millions of dollars from a BP deal for using their oil clean-up devices in the wake of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico spill.
A jury in New Orleans deliberated for less than two hours before delivering a verdict. Mr Baldwin and his partner had sought $17m (£11m).
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
Seeing the larger picture: Inspiring images of space
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.