ANC Zulu leader assassinated
Wednesday 28 October 1992
An angry statement in response from the ANC leadership in Johannesburg contained a clear attack on President F W de Klerk and the 'dirty tricks' operators in the government apparatus and appealed to 'the people of Natal to exercise restraint and discipline at this time of extreme provocation'.
The Johannesburg Star reported yesterday that the Inkatha leader, Mangosuthu Buthelezi, had rejected a proposal by President F W de Klerk that he hold talks with the ANC President, Nelson Mandela.
The President announced yesterday that Gerrit Viljoen, the Afrikaner academic widely regarded as the architect of his apartheid reforms, will retire next month.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Nigella Lawson arrives for second day in court after accusing Charles Saatchi of threatening to 'destroy' her with drug claims
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
£65000 - £82000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: My client is seeking an expe...
£30000 - £42000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Working in conjunction with ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Schools in developing countries struggle with...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...