ANSWERS: The Whitaker's Quiz of the Year: Round 10 - Celebrity tweets
Monday 23 December 2013
1. "I don't know what all this fuss is about. No offence was meant and none was taken! It's not even newsworthy!"
b) Andros Townsend
2. "I have to say that Trevor in GTA V is not a very nice man at all… dear me."
d) Stephen Fry
3. "I am so happy a London cabbie has just mistaken me for George Clooney."
a) John Cleese
4. "Can't believe what's just happened!!!!!!!"
f) Andy Murray
5. "Smilers! My VMA performance had 306,000 tweets per minute. That's more than the blackout or Superbowl!"
c) Miley Cyrus
6. "She changed our country forever and all of us owe so much to her. A legacy few will ever equal. Rest in peace Margaret"
e) William Hague
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Oscar Pistorius terrorised Reeva before he shot her dead, says June Steenkamp
Audacious North Korean kidnap plot foiled at Paris airport as 'Asian men' attempted to bundle student onto plane
Heroin to be prescribed to Canadian addicts by doctors
Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This an exciting opportunity to...
£28000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Lift Engineer is required to jo...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company (Microsoft World W...