13 killed in Nepal mountain bus plunge
Friday 28 December 2012
A bus has veered off a mountain road and plunged into a river in western Nepal, killing at least 13 people and leaving 19 others critically injured.
Police official Binod Ghimire said the bus veered off a road near Dhasrathpur village and rolled 160 feet before plunging into the Gam river this morning.
The area is about 250 miles north west of the capital, Katmandu.
Police and army personnel were helping rescue efforts, but details were sketchy.
Traffic accidents are common in Nepal, and are generally blamed on poorly maintained roads and vehicles.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...