27 crushed to death in India bus crash
Monday 28 May 2012
Twenty seven people were crushed to death and several more injured when they were pinned between two minibuses involved in a multiple pile-up in western India.
The police control room in Raigadh district in Maharashtra state says Sunday's accident began when a large autorickshaw rammed into a minibus that had a flat tyre.
The impact pushed the first minibus into another, crushing those standing between them.
Police say most of those killed were travelling from a wedding in the area.
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
£100 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education is actively r...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: A Level Chemistry Teacher - Humb...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Teacher of Religious Education ...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education are currently...