Airliner makes emergency landing
An airliner carrying 149 people was forced to make an emergency landing after one of its Rolls-Royce engines caught fire in mid-flight.
The Cathay Pacific Airbus A330-300 touched down safely in Singapore with no one injured.
It was the second time in less than a year that an Airbus has had to make an emergency landing in Singapore because of engine problems.
A Qantas A380 turned around shortly after take-off on 4 November when one of its Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engines blew apart. Qantas grounded all six of its A380s for 19 days to investigate.
In the latest incident, the plane took off from Singapore heading to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta but was forced to turn around less than an hour into the flight after trouble with the Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engine, Singapore's Changi Airport said.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...