Firefighters tackle blaze at shopping mall in Manila, Philippines
Thursday 16 May 2013
Firefighters attempted to tackle a massive blaze that broke out at a shopping centre in Manila, Philippines today, fearing that it could take days to put out.
Authorities are investigating what caused the fire at the Divisoria Mall. Shoppers were evacuated as thick, black smoke poured out of the building and vendors struggled to cart good away in an attempt to save their livelihoods.
Firefighters aboard at least 45 trucks sprayed water on the huge site, but the fire is so extensive they fear it could take up to two days to extinguish.
The fire reportedly started in the mall's basement around midnight. A security guard said he heard a freezer explode before the fire began.
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...