Four NATO troops killed in Afghanistan
Saturday 09 October 2010
Four service members have been killed in an insurgent attack in western Afghanistan, Nato said today.
An alliance statement said the troops died today.
It did not provide nationalities or specify where the attack occurred.
The deaths brought to 24 the number of Nato forces killed this month. At least 2,012 Nato service members have died since US-backed forces toppled the Taliban regime in 2001, according to an Associated Press count.
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 3 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
- 4 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
Germanwings plane crash: Investigators may have already found remains of suspected killer co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
Children take eight Isis captives to be beheaded in latest propaganda video
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of refrigeration, mechan...
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A publishing company based in F...
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This multi-award winning foreig...
£17000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Graduate Structural Engineer ...