In pictures: Japan then and now - two years on from the tsunami and earthquake
Tuesday 05 March 2013
This month marks the second anniversary of the devastating tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan in March 2011.
The natural disasters left the nation in chaos with thousands left dead or missing and buildings reduced to piles of rubble however, the country is slowly starting to rebuild itself.
Here are a selection of images showing how areas affected disasters have recovered over the past two years.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£34999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 Accounta...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£23500 per annum: Harrington Starr: Graduate Software Support Analyst (Compute...