A news report says the death toll from flooding and rain-triggered landslides in southern China has climbed to 53 after the bodies of all missing people were recovered.
The official Xinhua News Agency says three days of heavy rain that began May 31 destroyed 11,000 homes and forced the evacuation of 200,000 people. It cites the Guangxi regional flood control office as saying flooding and landslides affected 42 counties in nine cities.
Meteorologists are expecting more heavy rain in the region through Thursday.
China's rainy season, which began last month, follows the worst drought in a century for southern China's Yunnan, Guizhou and Guangxi regions. It left millions without drinking water and 12 million acres (about 5 million hectares) barren since last year.