Militants destroy Nato fuel tankers
Saturday 02 October 2010
Assailants launched two separate attacks on tankers carrying fuel for foreign troops in Afghanistan yesterday, a day after the Pakistani government itself shut one down.
About 10 suspected militants attacked 27 tankers parked at the edge of Shikarpur town in Sindh province. They forced the drivers to flee by firing in the air before setting them ablaze.
A lorry driver and his assistant were burned alive in the second attack on a tanker in south-eastern Baluchistan province, said police officer Mohammad Azam. He said "anti-state elements" were behind the attack.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £40000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£38000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group: A rare o...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Academically Exce...
£35999 - £43001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 accounta...