North Korea issues guidelines on strengthening military
Sunday 03 February 2013
North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un convened a high-level Workers' Party
meeting where he issued "important" guidelines on how to bolster the
army and protect the nation's sovereignty.
North Korea said last month that it would conduct a nuclear test to protest international sanctions toughened over its long-range rocket launch in December.
The official Korean Central News Agency said Sunday that Kim made a "historic" and "important concluding speech" at a meeting of the Central Military Commission of the Workers' Party. It said the speech served as a guideline for strengthening the military and defending national security and sovereignty. KCNA did not say when the meeting took place.
Analyst Hong Hyun-ik said the move suggests North Korea is preparing to conduct an atomic test soon.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
£30 - £32 per hour + free parking: PCR Recruitment Limited: World's Leading Cl...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Server Side Dev...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Key Stage 2 Primary Te...
£60000 - £70000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...