Queen 'saddened' by Mumbai attacks
The Queen has been "shocked" by the Mumbai terrorist attacks which claimed 130 lives, Buckingham Place said today.
The Monarch made the admission in a statement and also sympathised with families who have lost loved ones or had relatives injured in the shootings in India.
One Briton is confirmed to be among the 130 killed when gunmen launched coordinated attacks on targets in central Mumbai, including two hotels and the city's packed railway station, on Wednesday.
Andreas Liveras, the founder of a luxury yacht business who was in his 70s, was pronounced dead on arrival at St George's Hospital in the city.
At least seven Britons are among the 300 injured since the attacks began.
In the statement, the Queen said: "I am shocked and deeply saddened by the attacks that occurred in Mumbai.
"My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who died and with those who have been injured."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...