Russia's Superjet disappears on Indonesian show flight
A new Russian-made civilian plane carrying 50 people went missing in Indonesia yesterday during a demonstration flight for potential buyers and journalists.
Search and rescue teams were heading to the mountainous area just south of Jakarta, but bad weather forced two helicopters to turn back.
The Sukhoi Superjet-100 dropped off the radar 21 minutes after take-off from Halim Perdanakusuma Airport. The crew had asked permission to descend from 10,000ft to 6,000ft. It was not stormy at the time and no explanation was given for the sudden change of course.
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...