South Korea: Paedophiles to be chemically castrated
Monday 25 July 2011
The Ministry of Justice has enacted a law allowing the use of "chemical castration" on convicted paedophiles, a spokesman said yesterday, making South Korea the first Asian country to permit the punishment.
The law gives judges the power to order sex offenders who have attacked children under 16 to undergo a medical procedure, widely known as chemical castration, which can last for up to 15 years. Human-rights groups are opposing the move.
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Sir David Attenborough interview: The one question about life that still baffles him
Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
One spelling error costs Companies House up to £9 million after being sued for ruining business
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Our exclusive client in St Albans Hertfords...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Key Stage 2 Teachers needed in Hertfordshir...
£55000 - £58000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A truly exciting opportunity has ari...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Credit Controller - Londo...