South Korea's aid offer for North's victims of flood an 'insult'
It appears nobody has told North Korea that beggars can't be choosers. The pariah state has criticised South Korea's offer to send aid for flood victims, saying the amount and types of goods is an insult.
After Pyongyang asked what aid items the South could send, Seoul had proposed providing 10,000 tons of flour, three million packages of ramen noodles and medical supplies.
But a spokesman for the North's Red Cross Society characterised it as a "negligible quantity of goods" in remarks to the state media. The "proposal to offer aid is nothing but a gesture to gain gratitude", he added, saying it "seriously insulted us".
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...