Summer camp – North Korea style
Tuesday 28 August 2012
Those who thought the London Olympics were consumed by nationalism might concede that they weren't too bad after all if they take a look inside the Pyongyang Indoor Stadium in North Korea's capital.
Thousands of young North Koreans gathered there last night, not for sport, but in anticipation of Youth Day, held today to mark the anniversary of the Kim il-Sung Socialist Youth League being founded. The political organisation held its meeting below huge portraits of North Korea's late leaders, Kim il-Sung and Kim Jong-il. Whether new leader Kim Jong-un will choose to add his icon to the display, only time will tell.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£90 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Science Teacher (mater...
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for an ...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: A West Yorkshire School i...