Taliban poison and shoot dead 17 in Afghanistan
Wednesday 27 February 2013
Taliban insurgents poisoned and then shot dead 17 people in an overnight attack on a government-backed militia post in eastern Afghanistan.
The militants somehow poisoned the people inside the outpost, incapacitating them, before killing them, said Abdul Jamhe Jamhe, a leader of the Ghazni provincial government. The method of poisoning was unclear.
The dead consisted of 10 members of the Afghan local police and seven of their civilian friends.
A spokesman for the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£38000 - £45000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - To...
£45500 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Have you been thinking about taking t...
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ Dev...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Top 10 practice...