Tibet deaths due to 'genocide'
Tuesday 08 November 2011
The Dalai Lama has said the desperate conditions Tibetans faced under Beijing's rigid controls, in what amounted to "cultural genocide", were behind a spate of self-immolations in southwest China.
At least 11 Tibetans have set themselves ablaze this year in a heavily Tibetan part of Sichuan province. "Some kind of culture genocide is taking place," Tibet's exiled spiritual leader told a news conference in Tokyo. REUTERS
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Oklahoma tornado latest: At least 91 dead, including 20 children, as massive storm rips through Oklahoma City suburbs, flattening homes, shops, hospitals and schools
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Leicester: Please request a copy...
Negotiable: Orgtel: Change Manager, Hampshire, Telecomms, SC Cleared, £200 per...
£120 - £160 per day + negotiable depending on experience: Randstad Education L...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...