Amazing escape for baby that fell under train
Friday 16 October 2009
A baby had a miraculous escape when his pushchair rolled off a station platform and under a train.
Extraordinary CCTV footage was released today of the youngster's brush with death in Melbourne, Australia.
It shows the boy's mother momentarily letting go of the buggy, which then rolls off the platform and on to the track - just as a train pulls into the platform.
The driver used the emergency brakes but the pushchair was still dragged about 60 yards along the rails.
When it stopped, a member of the public jumped on to the tracks and grabbed the little boy.
Police said he had "superficial injuries to his head" but was otherwise unscathed.
He was taken to the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne yesterday afternoon and was discharged later in the day.
Sergeant Michael Ferwerda of Victoria Police said: "It was a lucky escape and a chance for commuters to think about heeding warnings to be more careful around platforms."
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£90 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Science Teacher (mater...
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for an ...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: A West Yorkshire School i...