Australian billionaire to build Titanic II
Monday 30 April 2012
An Australian billionaire has announced plans to build a replica of the Titanic that will make its maiden voyage from England to New York in 2016.
Weeks after the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the original Titanic, Clive Palmer announced he had signed a memorandum of understanding with state-owned Chinese company CSC Jinling Shipyard to build the Titanic II.
Mr Palmer said in a statement: “It will be every bit as luxurious as the original Titanic, but ... will have state-of-the-art 21st-century technology and the latest navigation and safety systems.”
More than 1,500 people died in the sinking of the Titanic, which at the time was the world's largest and most luxurious ocean liner.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Trenton Oldfield deportation: Boat Race protester allowed to stay in UK over fears his Indian wife would face racism in Australia
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Manager - Tailor ...
£33000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - Birmingham ...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...