General tells Australian army to behave or 'get out'
The chief of the Australian Army, Lieutenant-General David Morrison, was hailed as an unlikely feminist hero yesterday for telling officers and men who “demean or exploit” their female colleagues to “get out”.
The uncompromising message was delivered in a video, after revelations that three officers had been suspended and another 100 people were being investigated over “demeaning, explicit and profane” material.
General Morrison says: “Those who think that it is OK to behave in a way that demeans or exploits their colleagues have no place in this Army… If that does not suit you, then get out.”
One commentator tweeted: “Can we organise a series of leadership seminars by … David Morrison for all our politicians before Sept 14 [election day]?”
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...