Man dies after 'planking' on Australian building
Monday 16 May 2011
Australian police say a man who plunged seven floors to his death from an apartment balcony was participating in the internet craze of "planking."
Planking, increasingly popular in Australia, involves people lying flat on their stomachs in various and sometimes dangerous settings and then posting photographs on the internet.
Queensland state police Deputy Commissioner Ross Barnett told reporters that the dead man, aged in his 20s, fell from a balcony railing while a friend photographed him before dawn yesterday in Brisbane.
The man's name has not been released pending notification of his family. He was previously charged with trespassing over a photograph on the internet of him planking on the trunk of a police car.
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
Putin accuses US of causing global instability
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
FCKH8: YouTube reinstates provocative anti-sexism video showing young girls swearing
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...