Several injured by falling sheep in road crash
Saturday 02 June 2012
A truck carrying around 400 sheep overturned on a highway overpass in southern Australia yesterday, causing the animals to rain on to the freeway below.
Police say the sheep fell on to the Princess Highway outside Melbourne after the truck crashed and flipped on its side.
Several cars on the Princess Highway were damaged by the sheep and several people were injured. Paramedic Allan Eade says there were "a large number" of dead and injured sheep.
Driver Robert Leardi says he was lucky he was not seriously hurt when the falling livestock damaged his car. He says he was driving when "all of a sudden these sheep are falling down from the top of an overpass".
World news in pictures
Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
Plenty of Fish dating site founder pulls 'Intimate Encounters' option to ward off sleazy men
Oklahoma tornado latest: Obama pledges support for 'as long as it takes' to rebuild the suburb of Moore
Video emerges of Pope Francis reportedly performing an exorcism
- 1 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 2 Swedes set up 'ultimate Viking movie'
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...