Ban on office loafers
Monday 16 August 1993
Corriere della Sera reported that the mayor of Alassio, Roberto Avogadro, who made headlines last month when he banned the wearing of bikinis in the streets of the Italian riviera resort, is now forbidding city employees to read newspapers while at work.
The city's Public Works commissioner, Marco Melgrati, was quoted as saying: 'I began with newspapers, next I'm going after computers. It may seem absurd but classic electronic games have been inserted into city computers.'
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: PHP Deve...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This Big 4 giant is seeking ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Do you have personal tax exp...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...